The lens is designed for maximum sharpness and excellent color rendering, featuring 10 elements in 9 groups, including 4 aspherical elements. Not just for macro photography, the 60mm F2.8 Macro is also a capable portrait lens with a F2.8 maximum aperture.
There’s also a firmware update that will be available in a few days for the Leica T.
Leica Camera is pleased to announce that a new firmware Version 1.55 for the Leica T Camera System will be available for download from next week. The new firmware ensures the compatibility and auto-focus performance of the new APO-Macro-Elmarit-TL 60 mm / f2.8 ASPH lens.
To update the new firmware, please do the following:
1. Download the updated version of the new firmware and double click on the ZIP-file to unpack it.
2. Copy the firmware file T701_V155.TUF onto a SD Memory Card in its top level folder.
3. Turn off the power switch on the camera
4. Insert the fully charged battery to the body. If the battery is not fully charged, the update process screen will not appear.
5. Insert the SD Memory Card into the camera.
6. Turn the camera on while simultaneously holding down the video recording button.
7. The firmware update screen will appear. Press OK.
8. The Leica T will start the update process. The firmware update will take about 90 seconds.
9. After the update process, restart the camera.
It is important that the camera is NOT turned off, SD Memory Card is NOT removed and do NOT remove the lens while the camera’s firmware is being updated.